Day 54 | top banana

The WESP kids have not been lucky so far this season weather wise.  The first week was frigid cold, the second week was ice skating rink, and today was rain.  One of the level two Instructors thought his kid was ready to move up to level three so I reluctantly added him to my class.  We all piled into the Creekside Gondola and away we went to spend the day in the wet weather conditions.

I decided to lap gondolas all day instead of taking chair lifts.  We headed down Expressway for a warm up run.  Unfortunately, that level two kid was definitely a level two and barely made it to the Village Gondola.  Since we were having lunch at the CLC, I didn't want to take him all the way back down to Creekside to put him back with his original Instructor, so I dealt with the split all morning.  I think it was way harder on him than me or the other kids in my class.  Poor guy.

The boys in my class have been asking to go to the terrain park so that's what we did.  I was a little nervous about it but they all did the small jumps and easy boxes and they all did great!  We took two laps through there before lunch.

After lunch I got rid of the weaker boy but was given a level two girl.  I was assured she was turning easily down Olympic Chair.  It turns out this Instructor was right.  She fit right in and she was friends with one of my other girls so she was stoked.

We took a couple laps after lunch with Jordan's level three class.  One run through the park again and then one run through Marmot Trees.  It was then time to go home.  By the end of the day, I was soaked. It was snowing up top but a wet snow.

0 comments: