Day 46 | rain to Roundhouse

Today was a mix bag of everything .... weather and what I was doing.  Since I wasn't given a Sunday Club class last week, I was rescheduled back for Destination on Sundays.  My Supervisor called me and asked if I wanted to take a level two rider who didn't show up the first week.  Naturally I said "no problem" and I was stoked to get a Sunday class.

When I showed up to Club on Sunday, there was already a Level 2 class that the Supervisor didn't know about.  Then it turns out this kid did show up last week, but she went with Destination.  So she did have a lesson, just not with the proper class.  There was already a Club class of her level with two other girls and it was quickly evident she would fit in that class perfectly.  I spent the morning helping out that Instructor (Jake) and we went to the Super Carpet to help the girls learn how to turn.

Weather today was also a mix bag.  The morning brought showers to the village, CLC, and even the Roundhouse!  By 11am, every kid and Instructor in Whistler Kids was soaked.  Our class decided to go into the CLC early to try and keep dry.  We had an hour before lunch so to pass the time, the kids and I and Jake all colored in some coloring books.  That kept us occupied until lunch rolled around.

Around noon, the clouds parted for about 15 minutes and we saw the sun.  It didn't last very long but it was was nice to see to some blue sky.  Since I technically didn't have a class, I was halfway out the door at half past twelve to go home and watch the Patriots when I was called back inside.  Apparently there was a 5 year old Lil Ripper who refused to ride with her male Instructor and spent the entire morning crying in the den.  I was asked to take her and to try and get her snowboarding again.  That was easy.  All I had to do was walk into the den and say "let's go".  She dried her tears and went outside.  

I don't know what her problem was with men but it seemed pretty serious.  At first I thought she just didn't like Ben, (her first Instructor) but she clearly didn't like any guys helping her and refused to even talk to them if they talked to her.  I'm not sure what's going on with that but Mom wasn't surprised to hear it at the end of the day.

So instead of watching the Patriots game, I spent the afternoon at the CLC with this Lil Ripper.  We built a couple of jumps with the other lower level classes and played around.  I wasn't too disappointed since the temps were warm and the rain held off until it was time to go home.


0 comments: