Day 47 | ice rink

It was the second week of WESP and my class was totally shook up.  I had a sweet class with three girls who were level threes.  When I was given my class card at the morning meeting, I had a note attached saying that one girl broke her arm and was changing to skiing.  In addition, Jordan, who also has a level three class with seven boys, approached me and asked if I could take a run with his class to sort out the two classes evenly.  In the end, that left me with four kids, two boys and two girls.

It's been really warm and raining here lately leaving the conditions up top today as crappy as possible.  The groomers were a sheet of ice!  I'm not exaggerating ..... there was no snow to be found over the base.  It was sheer ice.  When I took my class down Orange Peel, it was like a skating rink with kids flying everywhere.  Some couldn't stop their side slip down while a few others couldn't stop sliding down on their butts.  It was kind of scary.

Once you hit Red Chair, the ice turned to spring-like slush.  I quite enjoyed the slushy conditions.  The problem was the low lying cloud cover that blinded you in a complete fog leaving you to feel your way down most of the remaining run to Creekside.  Instead of taking my class back up to ice and fog, I decided to head back to the Creekside bunny hill where I made a nice jump for the classes to get their air on!    

0 comments: