Day 45 | spring in January

I've been trying to fight a cold for the last week and yesterday it finally caught up with me.  I was suppose to do a full day session but stayed in bed all day instead.  I was hoping to feel better when I woke up this morning, after taking a couple of Nyquil, but I still have the watery eye and stuffy nose.  I didn't want to call out sick on my Club class so I trudged into work.

The pineapple express has made it stop over Whistler bringing with it lots of warm temps and very high freezing levels.  It's suppose to be above freezing all the way up to the Roundhouse.  It's ruining all the nice snow we recently received.  I was expecting to spend the day in the rain but was pleasantly surprised when the rain held off and left us with warm dry conditions up top.

My Saturday Club class is pretty chill.  They are level threes and they are pretty slow.  I keep the team on green runs and easy blue runs, throwing in a bike trail every now and then.  I try and mix it up by dodging in and out of a couple trees.  Needless to say I ride a lot of switch when I'm teaching this class.  The day went by pretty fast.

It's Martin Luther King weekend and with the gondola broken down, the lift lines were pretty long.  I heard it was crazy busy on Blackcomb with Glacier Chair and Jersey Express queues almost touching.  The warm weather is forecasted to stay for a few more days.  The snow isn't that great but I'm enjoying not freezing my tail off!

0 comments: