Day 34 | goodbye twenty ten

Last day of Adventure Camp and I only had three kids today.  It was once again clear, sunny, and very cold.  You could take yesterday's blog and copy it here as we did much of the same.  Couple runs on Whistler before lunch then over to Blackcomb after lunch.

I was a little peeved at the end of the day when I didn't get one tip from any of the parents.  I spent five days with these kids and thought a nice gratuity was in order.  The Ski Instructors make over $100 a week in tips after teaching kids for five days.  My fellow locker buddy received $260 in tips from the parents of his kids this week.  The AC Snowboard Instructors got hardly anything in tips this week.  This sparked a conversation with some Privates Snowboard Instructors.  Both said that snowboarding clients are very reluctant to open their wallets at the end of the day.  They have a different mentality than the clients who ski.  I found this odd and honestly, a bit insulting.  Why the difference?  We work just as hard as Ski Instructors.  It was an interesting conversation and I would love to get the topic started on other media outlets but I don't know where to begin.  Instead I thought I would mention it here.  Maybe someone who reads this could shed some light on the subject.

1 comments:

Linda said...

Hmm, that is pretty rude. Cheap B*stards! I wonder why that is.