Day 33 | bone-chilling

When I parked my 4Runner in the Day Lot, my outside temperature gauge read 7°F (-14°C).  Needless to say, I was not looking forward to snowboarding in frigid, bone-chilling temperatures.  I made a stop into EBCB and purchased some toe warmers.  If it was going to be cold, at least some toe warmers and hand warmers would help.

The lift line moved much more quickly and we were at the Roundhouse before 10am.  We took a warm up run down Ego Bowl, but warm up was not even close.  Damn, it was cold.  The girl in my class didn't have a neck warmer and she was so cold that she was in pain.  We made our way to the CLC as quickly as possible and dropped her off to warm up.  The boys and I were able to squeeze in another run (down the bike trail) before lunch.

The sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky.  I decided to go to Blackcomb after lunch because we would be in the sun and that would help it feel warmer.  The kids wanted to work on switch so we lapped Easy Out to Catskinner Chair working on switch and hitting jumps off the side.  Then we took a run down Bark Sandwich, the black diamond gladed run.  It wasn't as nice as it was on Christmas Day but it wasn't icy either.  The kids did amazingly well through there even though it was hard to turn through some of the huge moguls.  The last two runs we took through the Terrain Garden.  The afternoon was nice and with the help of my warmers, it wasn't that cold at all.  Cap it off with a nice $40 tip!  cha-ching 


0 comments: