Day 22 | jingle all the way

The holiday season has fallen upon Whistler Kids as about 200 of the small fries showed up for lessons today, with 50 of them being snowboarders.  I was once again assigned to teach the Lil Rippers and I had two boys ages 5 and 6.  I certainly didn't mind teaching the Lil Rippers ... especially after witnessing the chaos of trying to organize 50 riders into levels.  Most of the instructors had around 7 kids in their class so my day was easy with just two.

Once we go up to the CLC, we went inside for some fruit and hot chocolate.  Then it was outside to practice our sideslipping for about a half hour.  Time for another break with juice and cheese and crackers.  Back outside to practice.  40 minutes later, time for lunch.  That took about an hour after I broke my kids zipper on his coat and had to find an extra jacket for him to wear.  More practice on the Magic Carpet and then it was our time on the jungle gym.  One last half hour of snow time and then it was back inside so I can fill out report cards and give the guys the crushed chocolate chip cookies I stashed in my jacket pocket.

Teaching the little guys is easy as it's mostly a day of breaks with very little riding.  But it's also a hectic day as you're technically babysitting.  You can't take your eyes off a 5 year old for a second!  I didn't mind not having to worry about the 50 other riders in Snow School.  I'm sure I'll do my time "worrying" as the week goes on.

0 comments: