Day 25 | jelilah

We've made it half way through the week.  16cm of fresh powder fell last night with another 20-30cm forecasted for the next couple of days.  I won't get a chance to enjoy any of it as I don't think my team is going to quite make it to "Alpine riding standards" ..... even after practicing for a week.  I have one kid who might make it to level three by Friday but I doubt any of the others will.

So today we went to the Super Carpet first thing in the morning and practiced S-turns.  The snow was soft packed and the kids had a bit of a hard time but they managed.  One girl could turn most of the way down and my "big boy" could turn the whole way down.  I was pretty impressed with that to be honest.  The others just aren't grasping the concept.

I didn't feel like sitting on the slow Olympic Chair, (that chair makes me want to kill myself) - so after lunch I decided to take the kids to the village.  They can all zig zag in control so I had no qualms about them being out of control.  The only problem is that I have a "big boy"- he's 12 and he's a BIG BOY!  He was turning on the easy slopes going down to the village but he's so big, that he gets tired very, very quickly.  Half way down I had to let the rest of the kids go with my shadow as I felt they were waiting too long for him to catch up.  He would slip down about 20 feet and then take a rest.  20 more feet, then take another rest.  He ended up having to walk down the last third of the run.

We met back up with the other kids at the CLC about an hour and fifteen minutes after starting the journey down to the village.  Once we were all back safe and sound at the CLC, I made a ramp and the kids got a chance to roll off a jump!  They really liked that.


0 comments: