Day 10 | Peak Chair opens

I was called off from work today so I signed up for Level 3 Prep training.  My plan is to take as many of these training classes as possible this season in order to improve my snowboarding and with hopes of getting certified as a level three instructor at the beginning of next season.  Higher certification means more pay.  And the training that Whistler Blackcomb offers instructors is free.

I met up with my friend Pippa (who also wants to train for her 3) at the bottom of the village gondola and we headed up to Blackcomb via the Peak 2 Peak.  There we met with Adam, the Instructor, and three other guys who also work for WB.  Adam worked us hard today!  We spent the entire day working on moguls.  Luckily the snow was really soft which made it easier but after a couple runs, the legs were slowly turning into jelly.

We worked on moguls for about two and a half hours before we broke for a late lunch.  After lunch we did some freeriding and searched for some powder, which wasn't hard to find.  After a couple more cool down runs, we called it a day and headed to the Blackcomb gondola to download.  It was a great day as I feel like I definitely improved on my mogul work and I look forward to practicing more.


2 comments:

Linda said...

Good - you can teach me how to do those damn moguls on a snowboard!

Martini Cartwheels said...

Cool Rizzo. Good luck with getting that certification.