Day 29 | ski in & ski out

After yesterday's early morning adventures, I decided to sleep in a bit today.  Another 7 inches of snow fell last night and the freezing levels had dropped leaving Whistler with light fluffy pow to enjoy for Day 29.  I grabbed my new Endeavor board and walked out my front door fully dressed and ready to shred.

My condo overlooks Creekside, just by the Olympic Rings, and it's ski in, ski out.  I've never experienced such a luxury and let me tell you ... it's awesome.  I walked about 50 yards from my front door, strapped on my board, and I was on my way!

I met up with Pippa around 11am and we hit a few groomers and easy trees.  The ride back up Emerald Chair was brutal with the wind whipping in your face the entire ride.  We decided to take a run down to mid-station to avoid that wind but once we hit the freezing level, the snow changed to hard packed, wet, bumpy, dangerous crap!  Enduring the wind was way better than riding those conditions again.

We ran over to Rat Fink and hit Mom and Pop trees for about three or four runs.  The snow was nice, most of the ungroomed runs were untouched as no one wanted to be the first to plow through 3 feet of snow.  We were tired from yesterday so the laps we took were perfect, nothing too strenuous, fun, and tons of soft snow.

I headed back down towards Creekside about 2pm.  It's a long way down to those Olympic Rings.  Once again the snow got crappy below the freezing level but I made it back to my condo safe and sound.  It was great not having to take my truck out of the garage.  I'm loving this ski in, ski out!!

0 comments: