Day 19 | twelve and seven

I was nice and handed out the higher level classes to two other instructors.  I gave myself four level twos: two twelve year olds and two seven year olds.  I must have still been half asleep in the morning when I gave myself that class.  I don't know what I was thinking.  With such an age gap, there is bound to be a gap in riding ability too.

We spent about an hour on the Magic Carpet and finally I said "eff it" ... let's go down to the village.  The only thing the kids could do was side slip and we were suppose to work on turns, but how boring is that?  It took us about an hour to make our way to the village.  The kids were really super stoked that they got to go down a real run.  After lunch we went over to the Super Carpet to practice S turns.  That is such a great area for practicing turns, even the seven year olds could eventually turn down it.

I wanted to take our last run down to the village again, but the boys were fooling around (wrestling) in the CLC during our afternoon break, and of course, someone got hurt.  I ended up calling Patrol to come take a look.  It wasn't anything serious, but the Patroller told the kid he was done for the day.  So instead of riding down to the village, I ended up building a jump for the bigger kids to hit and we downloaded in the gondola at the end of the day.

0 comments: