Day 9 | groomy groomers

It's still slow in Whistler Kids and today we had two snowboarders:   brothers from Toronto.  Luckily for Devon and I (the only two instructors working) they were both in different levels.  For the boys that meant private lessons, for us that meant we both got work.

I took the seven year old and for his age, this kid was a ripper!  I made him take a run down the Magic Carpet where he quickly zig zagged down.  Next up was Super Carpet where he turned the entire length.  I threw him on the Olympic Chair and he had no problem turning down that section either.  I didn't waste any time taking him up the gondola.

Finally I got him to a place where he had a little tougher time turning.  We did a couple runs on the greens and then headed in for lunch.  After lunch we headed back up the gondola and I ventured into some powder off of Whiskey Jack.  Because he is only 7, he tired easily and started to fall even on the groomers. I decided to head back to the CLC and finish the day off with a jump.

The conditions were soft packed powder.  Because it's not so busy, some corduroy was still showing even late in the afternoon.  The runs were really sweet.
I've already been called off for tomorrow.  I'm not sure why Ski School isn't very busy.  WB is reporting higher visits this year than same day as last year.  I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the dollars being equal.  Hopefully it will start to pick up again soon.




0 comments: