Day 11 | Harmony & Crystal open

It was a beautiful clear day in Whistler, which meant it was quite cold.  My morning went by fast as I took two kids who were at two completely different levels.  Of course, I didn't realize the extreme until we got to the Roundhouse and had to snowboard down.  It was fine, it just took over and hour to get back to the CLC.  So my morning only consisted of one run.  I'm not complaining as my feet were frozen by the time we hit the kids area.

After lunch, I dropped the slow girl and picked up a fast girl (my bosses daughter).  Because the sun was shining, I decided to head over to Blackcomb where the sun shines on that mountain all day.  Whistler is completely shaded by early afternoon this time of year.  Crystal Chair opened today so we headed over there to check out Ridge Runner.  It was nothing to brag about and the kids hated taking the 1.5 mile cat track back to Excelerator Chair.  From there we wanted to head back up on Jersey but that chair had stopped and had a ten minute fix ahead of it.  So we skated over to Zig Zag and took that run down to Solar Coaster.

Once we hit the top of Solar Coaster, we took our "cool down" run on Easy Out.  I wasted time by trying to get the kids to practice ollies, 180s, tail presses, small jibs etc.  Anything that required us to move slowly and because it was easy terrain, the kids could practice some cool tricks.  We made our way to the gondola where we downloaded and reached the village just in time to get signed out for 3:15.  

1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

A double wiener for extra energy on the ollies.