Day 18 | W E T

Woke up this morning to pouring rain.  I was soaked by the time I reached the locker room from the parking lot (damn pay parking).  It was raining all the way up to the Alpine so I had no problems not getting a class good enough to go up there.  I was more than happy spending the day at the CLC - even better if I got to go home.  I was planning on spending the day with my returning kid who needed extra attention.

We had six instructors on and four classes.  One of each level.  Two guys went home and my kid from yesterday never showed up.  That left me with one level two girl that I was trying to get good enough to go with the level threes after lunch.  Yesterday she was a first timer and fell on her forearm.  She said this morning it was fine but just a little bit sore.

After wasting as much time as possible inside and then wasting even more time with the Whistler Kids photographers, we headed over to the Super Carpet.  She was working on S turns and because the snow was quite wet and choppy, she kept falling a lot.  We spent about an hour there.  By the time we reached the CLC, she was holding her arm and I asked her how it felt.  She said it hurt a little.  When she took off her jacket, her arm was really swollen and her fingers were turning blue.  Time to call Patrol.  Patrol splinted her up and took her down to the clinic.  That allowed me to head home after lunch!

The ski out opened a couple days ago so I wasted no time strapping on my board and actually snowboarding down to the village to end my day and my long week.

The kid in the picture showed up today as a first timer.  His second run down the Magic Carpet, he was turning!  And he's here all week so I'm sure at some point he will be in my class and we'll get to shred.  He seems like a cool kid so I'm looking forward to it.

0 comments: