Day 24 | twenty one questions

The second day of Adventure Camp is always easier than day one because you know who your kids are and you know what they can do.  The girl who fell on her wrist has a cast so she is done.  But I was given another boy from a different class so I'm still at the lucky number of six kids.

We spent the morning on the Magic Carpet warming up and working on zig zags.  The carpet was out of commission for about an hour so the kids would snowboard down and then walk back up.  Very tiring after a few runs.  We took a nice hot chocolate break and afterwards the carpet was back up and running.

I made the executive decision to move the kids off the carpet and over to the Olympic Chair.  I wasn't 100% sure they could all do it, but I had a shadow following us around so that aided in my decision.  If one got stuck, I had the shadow to pull up the rear.  Coming down the Olympic run went better than expected.  We got about half way down and then my two "butterfly children" decided to not stop where they were told and got separated from the group.  Another Instructor found them alone and knew enough to call them in.  My shadow chased them down and we regrouped at the top of the Super Carpet.  Going up the chair and coming down the green run took up most of the afternoon.  We went inside for some hot chocolate and played 20 questions.  Before we knew it, it was time to go.

0 comments: