Day 20 | deuces

I found a dime on the ground two days in a row.  That has nothing to do with my day of riding but thought it was interesting.  I went to work today determined to assign myself a nice high level class since I've had low levels for two weeks solid.  At the morning meeting, my manager quickly assigned me the level twos with a shadow.  Bummer!

We had 24 riders signed up to take lessons.  My shadow and I took 9 level twos.  Some of whom I had yesterday and some fresh faces.  We got them warmed up on the Magic Carpet and then decided to take them down to the village.  That didn't turn out to be the brightest idea since snow guns were blowing about 3/4 of way down the entire run.  They were really loud and pushing out lots of soft snow that most of the kids kept getting stuck in.  It took us about an hour to reach the village and then we headed in for lunch.

Once we started going to the village, we found out about three of the kids were turning and needed to be bumped up a level.  So during lunch we sent those kids to the level three instructor.  My manager also informed me that my shadow will also be going with the level three instructor so she could get an idea of how higher level classes ran.  I grabbed my six remaining kids and headed to the Super Carpet for practice on their S turns.  We spent most of the afternoon there.  At the end of the day, my kids were exhausted.  I think the run to the village in the morning really wiped them out.

0 comments: