Day 23 | the Adventure begins

It's Monday and we had more kids today than yesterday.  I think we ended up with about 75 snowboarders with 15 of them being in Adventure Camp.  I desperately wanted an Adventure Camp class so I gave myself six first timers!  Not the best move in the world, but I'm hoping it wasn't the worst either (think tip $).  To remind the readers, Adventure Camp means we get the same kids for five days in a row.

It took us awhile to organize 75 kids into the correct levels but we eventually got it done and everyone was on their way before 10am.  There have been lots of kids new to snowboarding taking lessons lately.  That means lots of kids on the Magic Carpet area.  I think at one point we had close to 30 kids in that small area.

My kids are all very well behaved.  At first I thought I was going to have a few who weren't going to "get it" but surprisingly, all my kids are picking up the balance on both edges quickly.  Hopefully they will all progress quickly and at the same time.  Though I do have one very heavy set boy who I know will probably have a heart attack when we can finally reach the point of riding down to the village.

After lunch, the best girl in the class fell on her wrist and I had to call Patrol.  She went down for x-rays but I have a feeling it's not going to be good news.  She didn't cry at all when it happened but she did say it was very painful.  It's usually the non-criers who have the worst injuries.  The kids who bawl and bawl are the ones who are usually fine.  That being said, I am hopeful she will return to class tomorrow but in all honesty, I am very doubtful.  

0 comments: