Day 17 - another 22cm overnight

Another 22cm fell overnight bringing the snow total for the past seven days to 143cm or 56".

Snowboard School rocked out with four kids today.  Three never-ever's and my girl from yesterday - who was a high level two.  It was only Jon and I working and it worked out perfectly that the new kids had never ridden before.

We were told to teach on the Super Carpet because it was the first day of Valley Kinder, meaning there were about 130 of the little yellow munchkins running around the CLC area.  No problem as that's just where I wanted my girl to practice.  Unfortunately, the Lifties were a little late at getting the Carpet open.  Over an hour late to be exact.  By the time they got it moving, it was past 10am and almost time for lunch.

After lunch I felt Meg was ready for the Olympic Chair.  I figured she would zig zag most of the way but she started turning and turning confidently.  We did two laps on the chair when I decided to head to the Roundhouse.

The snow up top was amazing today (if you had to stay in the Family Zone).  Super soft packed and well groomed ... nice and smooth.  We took two laps down Ego Bowl, where Meghan was turning amazingly, considering she just started snowboarding yesterday!!  She finished the day as a strong level three and she will be returning tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to spending the day away from Mid-Station.

0 comments: