Day 30 - 24inches / 24hours

A boatload of snow fell over Whistler the last couple of days.  Our base is now over 200cm.  I wasn't blessed with the day off but I knew I had a good level three class and I'd be able to roll over some powder at some point.  Boy was I wrong.

Five of the six kids in my class were returning - and one kid was new.  He was a bit of a heavy kid and he wasn't thrilled at all to be coming to Snow School.  Mom and Dad said he has been in a Private lesson for the last four days and that he was linking his turns so he was a level three.  They all seemed confident he was turning so I added him to my class and we rocked up to the Roundhouse for our one run before lunch.

Luckily I had a shadow with me as the new kid was technically a level two.  I knew he wasn't going to make it through any powder so I opted out of the super pow run down Ego Bowl.  We slowly made our way down to the CLC - by the time we got there, this kid was exhausted.

I knew I should have put him down into level two at lunch but because he was so discouraged with coming to Snow School in the first place, I felt bad for him and I hesitated.  I figured we could take one more run from CLC to bottom and if he was too tired after that, then I could leave him with the lower level.  Boy did I make a mistake!

He was sooooooo slow.  Half way down I had to tell my shadow to take the rest of the kids up the gondola and I'd meet them at the CLC afterwards.   I needed to stick with the slow kid and put him into level two and I didn't want the other kids to have to wait for him.  I think it took this kid over an hour to ride to the Village.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I didn't end up riding too much today.  On the plus side, I have the next couple of days off.  

0 comments: