Day 26 - ripped to Ride Tribe

Irish broke a couple ribs last weekend so we didn't ride on our days off this week.  I've been off the board for three days and returned to WKids at 8:15am.  Christmas is creeping up on us but we have yet to hit the crazy numbers.  We had about 15 riders and 6 Lil Rippers today.  I was assigned the wee ones with Ellen and her shadow.

By 9:15am, only four Rippers showed up and Ride Tribe was looking for another Instructor.  Figuring Ellen could handle the four - since she had the help of the shadow, I was sent to Ride Tribe.  I didn't mind as I wasn't in a mood to babysit today.  I rocked up to the GLC patio and given the gift of two Level Four riders.  Sweet!

It was cold at the Rendezvous level (-11°C, 12°F) with only 7cm of fresh snow overnight.  The two teens were pretty quiet.  One was from Mexico and one is from Germany but is living in Whistler on a school exchange program.  I felt like I didn't do much teaching as both of them were pretty good riders with no counter-rotation problems and good stance and balance.  We basically shred around all day. Nothing crazy.  We stuck to groomers mostly, ducked in and out of a few trees, road some blacks and hit some moguls.  Before I knew it, the day was over.  I was happy I got to do some riding today even if it was only groomers.

0 comments: