Day 27 - team teaching

20cm of light and fluffy snow fell overnight.  My fingers were crossed for a higher level class.  I was assigned level 4's and ended up with only one on my class card.  Ellen, however, had seven level 3's so we decided to do a run together to figure out how the classes would split.

We exited the Whistler gondola around 9:30am and we were greeted with strong winds right in the face.  We couldn't put our bindings on fast enough as it was really whipping up there.  Ten of us headed towards Whiskey Jack.  The snow was AMAZING!!

It didn't take us long to realize we had a class of high and low level three's.  No one was a four.  That being said, Ellen and I taught the kids together.  I mentioned yesterday that I didn't feel like I did much teaching.  I made up for that today.  We taught the crap out of the kids today!  : )
We worked on our turns, jumps, side banks, powder stance etc.  Everyone in the class was receptive about learning new things.  Ellen and I really enjoyed the day.  Not to mention we got to hit a few powder stashes here and there in the Family Zone.

0 comments: