Day 23 - Ride Tribe shadow

I was told to report to work at Ride Tribe this morning.  Jose told me we had 16 snowboarders so I felt confident I would get a class even though I'm "low man on the totem pole" over there.  I was assigned to be a floater, in other words, the boss didn't assign me a class.  With so many teens, I was still pretty confident I'd get a class.  But once everything washed out, there was only one class for each level leaving me with nothing.

I didn't feel like going home right away so I asked if I could shadow Jose's level four class for the morning.  Tall Sean was cool with that (even giving me a lunch voucher) though I didn't get paid for my time.  I like following Jose as he's a great teacher and I was hoping to get some new ideas on exercises I could do when I teach my classes.

It was freezing in the morning.  I don't know the exact temperature but I was soooo cold and couldn't wait to go inside for lunch so I could warm up.  We haven't had much snow in the last week and conditions were medium packed.  Not soft but not quite hard or icy.  I took the tree line named Side Order on my ride out and there was nothing soft or fresh in there.  Hopefully we will get some snow soon.

0 comments: