Day 33 - eyeless fish = fsh

Another 17cm of snow fell overnight.  Definitely not complaining as I don't think there is much precip forecasted for the week of Christmas.  We had another 25-30 kids in Snowboard School and I was assigned level fours.  Two of the kids have been here for a week already and two kids were new.  They were in a lesson with Erin the day before so I figured their levels were accurate.  One kid was cool and he was technically a level five while the other kid was out of control with his riding and quite dangerous at times.  He was technically a level three.  But I kept them all and we rode together fine.

We were told to stay out of trees so I decided to lap black diamond runs down to Creekside.  The snow was good and we did a lot of riding.  We hit Dave Murray and then headed towards my new secret jump trail.  The kids liked that and I got to take some pics of them hitting the jump.

I had a few chats with the boy who was riding a bit too fast and out of control.  He wanted no part of me helping him with his turns so he could stop falling.  That was all well and good until he kept putting the rest of us in danger with his speed.  Finally, around 1:15pm, I told him he was going home because he couldn't snowboard with control.  That brought a bunch of tears - and amazingly enough, he rode perfectly after that down to the bottom.  Of course I was crying wolf and didn't want to waste our time taking him back to Mom and Dad so he stuck with us for the rest of the day.  He confessed his control went from a zero to a nine (on a scale of 1-10) after my threat to send him home.  He finished the day on a positive, but I still had to tell Dad about the negative.  I also told Dad he was to be put in a level three class the next day (which he was).  All in all it was a great day with great kids.

0 comments: