Day 40 - powder please! YES!

I love my friends as they forced me to go up and ride today.  We only got 3 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours but the snow is light and it's slowly covering up all those mystery rocks that are still around.  I reached the Roundhouse around noon and met up with Sean & Libby.  Libby's cousin Nick was with them and he wasn't the best skier so we stuck to some easier runs where Nick could stay on piste while Sean and I could find some powder on the sides and duck through some trees.  There was really nice snow through the trees down Green Acres.  We lapped the gondola a couple times and lapped the Red Chair a couple of times.  The best run was through the trees off Whiskey Jack.  I was sooo happy to see that area filled in as it's so much fun when you can only ride the lower parts of the mountain.

Our snow base is 115cm and growing over the next five days.  Snow is forecasted to fall through Monday with over 20cm coming Friday night!  Fingers crossed that it's here to stay and we can all stop complaining about the miserable conditions.

Tasty sushi after a long day of powder!

0 comments: