Day 46 - Beer Goggles

What a day!  It was one of those weird ones.  We had close to 40 kids in snowboard lessons and I was assigned level twos again.  We had seven kids so I spent the morning with Steve Levine.  After getting our fun photo taken, we went immediately to the Super Carpet and on the second run, a girl fell and most likely broke her wrist.  First call to Patrol.

That left Steve with only six kids, I.E., one class.  Bummer.  But it was almost lunchtime and I knew Gunner was looking for another Instructor to take a Lil Ripper so I was hoping to get another class.  After lunch, Gunner gave Steve and me the okay to take the six level two's as one girl was technically still a one.  Well that didn't last long, as that girl fell (for the second time)... on her wrist... getting off the chair and she needed a lift down to the Den.  Second call to Patrol.  Now Steve was down to five kids so I took off to the CLC to check in with Gunner and go home.

As I was leaving, Melissa hailed me down.  She was given the Lil Ripper in her never-ever class and the Ripper was ready to move on from the Magic Carpet.  So I took her over to the Super Carpet, where she was turning the entire length down.  After a couple laps there, I decided we should go down to the Village.  That killed most of the long afternoon as she got pretty tired but she turned most of the way.  Not only is she just six years old, but today was only her third day ever snowboarding.  Quite impressive.  We finished the day hanging at the CLC.

0 comments: