Day 58 - tired so worked a half day

Things are getting slow at Snow School.  We only had 20 kids in snowboard lessons and I was assigned level 3's.  Only one "unknown" level 3 showed up while five level two's showed up.  I knew I was going to have to do a ride-off with Nick (who was teaching level two) as it wasn't fair for me to have only one kid.  When we got to the Magic Carpet, it was quickly obvious that my level three was a level four and would fit in perfectly with Joshy's class, who had already headed off to the top of the mountain.  Nick had two boys who were level three and not level two.  Instead of taking the level three class, I gave it to Felix because I was feeling super tired for some reason.

I took the boy who needed to be put into Joshy's class up the gondola and waited for Josh.  Turns out one of his kids broke a binding on their last run, so while Josh and he got that fixed, I took the class down to the Garbanzo Chair.  We thought it would be better to have them do a run rather than wait around.

The snow was surprisingly soft.  Yesterday the groomers were quite icy and I expected the same thing for today.  It was foggy with some moisture in the air and there a trace of new snow overnight.  I'm guessing that moisture helped with the snow conditions.  It would have been a great day to hang with Gunner and Morgan in the Park but like I mentioned earlier, I was pretty tired and wanted to spend the day chilling out.

Josh met up with us at the chair.  He took off for another lap while I went to the CLC for an early lunch.  After that, I rode down to the Village and punched out.

0 comments: