Day 47 - picture perfect

The long range forecast calls for nothing but sun and high temperatures for the next seven days.  Today was the first day where the temps were mild.  I'm talking temps in the 40's fahrenheit (+5 to +10C) with a freezing level at 3500 metres!  It felt more like April than it did January.

I wanted to shoot some photos of the blue skies so I woke up fairly early and made it to the top of the Peak Chair by 10am.  I stood around for quite a long time.... taking photos, and enjoying the scenery and warm air.  I then shuffled off to Symphony to do the same thing.  Surprisingly, the snow was nice that early in the morning.  Groomers were soft packed.  I hung out for a couple of hours, then rode back down to Creekside to drop off my camera and meet up with Roby.

It was about 1pm when she and I reached the top of Red Chair.  We took a lap down Green Acres before heading off towards Harmony.  We hit Harmony Ridge, where, once again, the snow was very nice considering how warm it was.  Back up the chair and this time we went down Sun Bowl.  It's named this for a reason as it sits in the sun all day.  There was enough coverage but the snow was heavy and much like April conditions.  I quite enjoyed it actually.  Another ride up the Harmony Chair and this time we rode down the Saddle.  Roby stayed on the groomer while I hit the snow on the right.  That area is shaded all day so the snow there was nice and soft.  We quickly got on the Peak Chair before it shut for the day and headed towards Highway 86.  By the time we got out of there, I was exhausted.  We finished down Franz to get back to Creekside and called it a day.

0 comments: