Day 44 - WESP

I filled in for Morgan at WESP located at Base II today.  I was happy to cover his shift as I knew Morgan taught Oak and Amalia on Mondays.  Because the snow was so nice yesterday, I was excited to get back out on the slopes.  My class filled up with the other kids by 9:30am and we headed for the Wizard Chair to start shredding.

By the time we reached the top of Solar Coaster, a couple kids needed to pee so we went inside Rendezvous.  It was around 10:30 by the time we started snowboarding.  Unfortunately, the snow wasn't as nice on Blackcomb as it was on Whistler yesterday.  It was very windblown and not very soft.  The groomers were soft packed and everything was completely tracked out.  It was very disappointing.  : (

We spent the day on Blackcomb but I heard the snow on Whistler (especially down Green Acres) was still super soft.  Gusting winds once again lead to the closure of Peak Chair so that has yet to be cracked since the storm.  Unfortunately, we once again have no snow forecasted for the rest of the week and high temperatures are coming for the end of the week.

0 comments: