Day 60 - sunny, hard packed, & cold

The sun is still shining, but the temps have dropped significantly (high of -8°C, 18°F).  The runs are officially hard packed with lots of icy spots, especially on the green groomers.  Since there is nothing else to do on a day off, I went up for a few laps with Sean and Libby.  We parked in the Village and hit the gondola around noon.

Our warm-up lap was down to Emerald Chair via Jolly Green Giant and it was icy.  Not to mention, my face nearly froze off when I ran the cat track to the chair.  I was ready to be finished right then and there but we decided to head up to the Peak so I could take a couple pictures.

The backside of the Peak was sooooo icy!  We found some softer snow on the right side off the groomer but you had to be careful and dodge some rocks that weren't quite covered.  I somehow managed to find some untracked soft snow and took a couple fresh turns!  woohoo, just like old times!  We hit Highway 86 down to Red Chair, followed Crab Apple to the Village .... called it a day and headed to Fat Tony's for pizza. 


0 comments: