Day 24 - AM Session and tons of POW

Lined up waiting for avalanche clearance.
With 33cm(13.3inches) overnight, I signed myself up for AM session just in case I taught a low level class and didn't have the chance to enjoy the fresh powder that fell all day yesterday.  AM session is early morning training that gives instructors the opportunity to get some paid training and on days like today, get some fresh tracks in knee deep pow.

After session, I was gifted with a Level 5 class.  SWEET!!  Our first run was from the CLC to the village with the level 3 and 4 classes to even out any splits (differences in levels) and to make sure all the kids were put in the correct class.  Charlie, Morgan, Tim and I took 10 kids for a rip and we shredded it up!  It was so much fun.  Of course, almost everyone got stuck in the powder, including all the instructors.  (I took video for most of the run and need to put together a short movie clip)

Charlie ended up with four kids in the Level 4 class and I had two kids in my Level 5 class.  We decided to team teach the kids for the entire day.  Naturally we spent the day looking for fresh powder, we hit a ton of drops and jumps, we took a lap through the terrain park, and ended up going from top to bottom about 4 times.  The snow was amazing today!  The best day so far this season.  Light and fluffy, soft packed on all runs, and tons of fresh to be found on most of the runs.  More snow tonight and I can't wait for tomorrow!
Early morning light ....

0 comments: