Day 29 - W.E.S.P.

Today was the first day for the 2009 Whistler Elementary Schools Program.  Instead of spending Monday's in the classroom, these kids sign up to go snowboarding once a week for six weeks.  Not too shabby.  I wish I had a program like that when I was in school.

I'm a rookie instructor for WESP so naturally I was assigned a Level One class.  In fact, there were 32 level one kids so three other instructors got the same level.  The morning was a little hectic trying to get all these kids organized but once we got up and going the day went by pretty quick.  I took my one run down the Magic Carpet on Creekside.  My kids were sideslipping and a few were turning by the end of the day so next week I hope to get them up the gondola.  Back to Destination tomorrow and my high level class.  I can't wait as forecast is calling for a blue bird day with warm temps .....  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding - I wish I had that program growing up too!