Day 39 - tasty breakfast

Working on the goggle tan.

The day started off with a healthy breakfast at Wildwood with my friends Michelle and Nina.  Once again, the sun was shining and no new snow.  Blackcomb opened Spanky's Ladder yesterday and most of my fellow ski instructors who had the day off were heading over there.  For some reason, Michelle and Nina wanted to stay on Whistler.  We didn't find anything but ice on Whistler.  Green Acres was okay but icy towards the bottom.  Orange Peel was super icy, as was Dave Murray and Tokum.  By the end of the second run, I was pretty discouraged with the conditions and wanted to go home.  We made one more run and decided to call it quits.  I'm betting Spanky's and the Blackcomb Glacier were really good but I don't have any confidence to go in there solo and my partners for today were skiers, not riders, so they wouldn't be much use in helping me get down.  I also heard from the grapevine that Harmony was pretty good but we never thought to head out there either.  I'm kind of regretting it now.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

That is a really cool picture of you. I see the goggle tan is coming along nicely.

Spanky - sounds like that could be a fun hill.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Wildwood has amazing breakfasts! Can't imagine how you would have boarded afterward though - I usually need a nap!