Day 43 - seriously: I want snow!

Anyone who is familiar with Whistler knows that we desperately need snow this season. In January 2008, we had a snowbase of 244cm (96inches or 8ft).  Today we have a snowbase of 124cm (a mere 4ft)!!!  This picture above was taken behind the Chic Pea.  It's sad really.  I was hoping to bust out my powder board every weekend this year, instead I'm spending my weekends dodging the rocks that are peppered on most of the runs.  Maybe February will bring better conditions .... I'm going to start my snow dance tonight!

Anyhow, enough complaining!  I'm still on the snow every day even if the conditions aren't ideal.  I snaked up the Level 3s again today since I've had them for the past few days.  I was planning on getting a lot of riding done but after lunch it was super windy (gusts up to 100Kph)  at the Roundhouse and it was icing.  Ice combined with wind whipping in your face = painful.  The kids hated it and asked to build a jump at the CLC.  So that's what we did.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch - that pic is frightening! C'mon everybody, do the snow dance!

Ronia Nash said...

Sad isn't it?