Day 36 - Womens Park and Pipe Session

One of the full day sessions available to us is: Womens Park and Pipe.  It's a women only session that takes you through the Terrain Garden and Blackcomb Terrain Park/Pipe.  The instructor is a great chic by the name of Star.  (Check out Star's huge air in the pic below.)  I've been told to take this session as Star is a great instructor, the class is low key, there no pressure to hit any features you don't feel comfortable with and best of all, no stinky boys!!! 

Park riding is new for me this season.  I haven't been much of a freerider in the past.  I've been mostly a groomer/powder rider.  But since I've passed my Level 2, I've been given higher level kids at work and most of them want to hit the park during their lesson.  It's hard to teach a kid how to go off a jump if you don't know how to go off one yourself.  So I've been slowly but surely getting my board off the ground.  Today I worked up the courage to take the park session.

Everyone was right about Star, she is amazing.  She's great at explaining how to go off features and most importantly, she understands the fear that goes along with going off those features.  I stacked super hard on my ass four times today.  You would have thought after the second time I would have gone a little easy but nope.  I wiped out hard two more times.  My tailbone is killing me right now.  I've been chowing down ibuprofen hoping I can walk in the morning.  I think I'll take it easy for the next few days......
Star going big for the Fire and Ice Show.

3 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Womens session? I'm there next year. Hope your tailbone is feeling better Rizzo.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I would love to learn how to get my board off the snow... not wipeout, and lose the fear.

Ronia Nash said...

well you don't actually lose the fear --- but it's a great session!