Day 28 - TGIF

I started my day by oversleeping.  When I woke, I felt like I was catching a cold and I could hear the wind howling outside my windows.  How I wanted to call in sick.  I knew the temperatures were going to be well below freezing but I felt an obligation to finish the week with my group of kids.  Little did I know I was going to get hit with eight kids in my class!!!  That's a lot of kids to keep track of when you're not feeling on top of your game.

When we reached the Roundhouse, the wind was whipping and it was freezing.  My plan was to ride to Creekside but by the time we got to Bear Cub, we were all freezing and wanting some hot chocolate.  So much for plans:  we headed back to the CLC to warm up.  

The big event of the day was taking the new Peak to Peak gondola over to Blackcomb.  It was my first time on the lift and I have to say....it's a really cool ride.  My kids wanted to hit the Nintendo Terrain Garden so that's where we went.  Kids are funny - all they talked about all week was wanting to go to the terrain park.  Once we got there, they realize it's not all it's cracked up to be.  It's quite intimidating for one - and second, the jumps and boxes aren't as easy as they thought they'd be.  Today was no different.  Once we got through the park, none of them were interested in going through again.  After all, the whole mountain is a park.  Who the heck needs a box to make things fun????

Lastly, the conditions today were slightly above horrible.  Blackcomb was a sheet of ice!  Whistler wasn't too bad up top but the warm temperatures from a few days ago mixed with the freezing temps of today leave the runs hard packed and icy in many spots.  The good news is the snow showed up in the afternoon and it's suppose to snow through Saturday night.
 

0 comments: