Day 35 - this is probably a bad idea but....

It's another Monday so I spent my day at Creekside with my WESP kids. I picked up a couple more kids scattered from one other class so I officially have 8 kids for the next four weeks.  No one wanted to spend another day zig-zagging down the Magic Carpet so we spent the morning practicing straight line half turns and I made sure they could all stay in control enough to venture up the entire hill.  

The problem with Creekside is that there is no terrain for rookie snowboarders to practice on.  There is no Super Carpet and no Olympic Chair.  It's Magic Carpet straight to a cat-track.  NOT GOOD!  For those of you who snowboard, you understand what a pain in the butt a cat-track is. For those who don't snowboard, a cat-track is basically a straight road (no slope) so it's hard to keep going without ski poles to help push you along.  

I had one kid who wasn't quite ready to go up the hill but I didn't want to single him out and leave him behind so I decided to take him with the rest of the group.  Knowing my time constraints, I was a little worried about making it back to Creekside in two hours, but like I said, no one wanted to spend another day on the Magic Carpet...... most of all me!

To my surprise, the kids did remarkably well and we made it back in time for parent pickup.  They were so stoked to be up on the mountain with the rest of the public.  I swear they are going to be talking about it for the next week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate cat tracks!