Day 34 | Valley Club


January marks the time when local kids in Whistler start their club classes.  They come to Whistler Kids once or twice on the weekend, ski or ride for six hours, and repeat every weekend until the end of the season.  Not a bad gig if you're a local kid, not a bad gig if you're an instructor.  You're guaranteed work every Sunday from January until the end of April and you have the same kids every week.   I was asked to be an instructor for the Valley Club this season and I didn't hesitate to say HELL YEA!

About 40 riders are signed up for club but only half of them showed this weekend.  We're guessing they're still traveling for the holidays and everyone should show up next weekend.  So far my Club Class consists of one eight year old boy who is a strong level four rider.  We headed up the gondola and took a couple runs down the greens before we headed in for lunch.  My day was cut short due to the fact that I'm still suffering from the flu.  I asked the floating instructor, Nick, if he wouldn't mind taking my kid for the afternoon so I could come home and rest up.

0 comments: