Day 43 | same group of kids


The wet warm weather continues in Whistler.  5cm of new snow overnight but conditions were wet hard packed (hate that!) - powder was crusty, slushy and spring like in lower elevations.  I was told Harmony wasn't bad but I'm not familiar enough with Harmony to take my kids there.

I had the same class of Level 4/Level 5 kids that Aimee and I shredded with yesterday.  I have to say the boys were a lot quieter and calmer today.  I think the conditions had something to do with that.  It wasn't that easy to move the snowboards around.  It snowed on and off in the Alpine with rain on and off below green chair, however by late afternoon that snow up top was freezing rain.


I made the kids work on their counter rotation issues instead of just riding "free" all day.  The lower level kids greatly improved with the added instruction.  They're all coming back tomorrow but thankfully, today is my Friday and if conditions improve, I'll be freeriding on Thursday/Friday working on my own snowboarding issues.

0 comments: