Day 41 | wet


An intense warm front has landed itself right on top of Whistler bringing with it heavy precipitation and warm temperatures.  15cm of snow fell overnight but the snow is like cement ... all wet and sticky resulting in variable conditions.  Most of the mountain received only rain.  Puddles are everywhere, (yes puddles!) including at the bottom of the Magic Carpet causing it to be closed for the day.  A fellow instructor described the conditions to be much like golfing: having to avoid the water hazards!!

I had my seven WESP kids today.  Picked them up at the Creek, bussed them over to Whistler and spent the morning on the Super Carpet where I got all but two of them turning.  After lunch we fit in two laps down to the valley.  The day went by pretty fast as the snow was nice and wet, much like spring, and I was stoked on practicing my tricks.  Nothing too exciting but I got my tail stand down on my Prior board.  I'm pretty happy about that.  Maybe I'll get a kid to video it for me tomorrow.  Rain and warm temperatures are forecasted for the rest of this week.  Good grief!  What a waste of good precipitation.  If it was snow instead of rain, we'd have over 3 feet by now.  Oh well ...... at least I got a brand new uniform that keeps me dry!   Lucky me.  

0 comments: