Day 54 | a perfect OZ day


Today is January 26th and it's Australia Day.  It's a day where Whistler is turned upside down by all the crazy Aussie's living and working here.  They usually open the pubs at 9am and shut them down well into the night.  Most of them ski or ride with their flags on their backs and some of them ski or ride in boardshorts or bikinis.  It's quite a sight.

We had two kids in Snowboard School and I took the strong level three/four guy (same kid I had on Saturday).  It was a perfect day today.  And by perfect I mean:  soft packed snow, sunshine, no wind, not crowded, no liftlines, powdery through the trees, not too warm - not too cold, picturesque with snow topped trees and blue skies.

My kid was a bit on the cautious side so we spent our time on green runs and blue runs hitting all the jumps, drops and powdery fresh lines we could find.  We also took a run through Marmot Trees.  Having one kid is awesome because you can let him lead most of the way and then you can hit anything you want while you're behind him.  It was truly an amazing day and I couldn't believe I was getting paid to be out there.  Plus my kid was pretty cool to hang out with.  Not to mention, Dad throw me $10 bucks at the end of the day, making it even better!!!  



0 comments: