Day 47 | plenty of snow for everyone



The crowds are still here and the lift lines are still long.  The snow is still amazing with another 11cm falling overnight!!  Today was my Valley Club day and although my one level four kid is on vacation for two weeks in Colorado, I was able to take the level three kid.  I was sort of hoping for the day off to enjoy the pow but no such luck.

I still had a good powder day with my level three.  He told me he had been to the top of the mountain before and that was all I needed to hear!  We were off to the Roundhouse first thing in the morning.  We took a couple runs down Whiskey Jack and Ego Bowl before heading down for early lunch.  The conditions were amazing even if you weren't hitting fresh lines.  When there is this much snow, it's hard to keep the runs groomed so the green runs were kind of "chunky" ... but it was nice.

After lunch I took him through a couple of easy trees runs where I was able to find one or two turns in knee deep fresh white stuff.  He had a bit of a hard time with it but his parents were grateful as getting stuck in powder really tires a kid out quickly.  We hit Jimmy's Joker and Bear Paw.  Both of these black diamond runs were nothing but moguls.... and so exhausting!  By the time we got back to the CLC, I told him his day was done.  He was tired and I didn't want him to get hurt.   I was tired and I didn't want to get hurt as well!

0 comments: