Day 50 | privates


I was asked to work Privates today (my day off) and since I called in sick on Tuesday and I know there isn't going to be much work going around in Feb (because of the Olympics) I reluctantly said yes.  Though I was excited to work the Privates program since I've never worked a private lesson before.  Visions of a big tip and a free lunch popped into my head.  ha ha

I stood outside the Ski School Hut with four other Snowboard Instructors, for over and hour, waiting for a last minute booking.  When no one showed, we were given the sign to leave.  Most of the other privates instructors were going up to hike up Flute Bowl and I was invited, out of courtesy of course.  Naturally I declined.  Because I had to report back to Privates in the afternoon for a possible late day booking, I couldn't leave so I headed up to the CLC for a much needed hot drink and some fruit.  I wasn't motivated at all to ride even though the conditions in the Alpine are still amazing.  Instead I stayed at the CLC, had some lunch and then when it was time, I headed back down to the village to see if I had a half day afternoon lesson.  Nothing was booked so I was told I could head home about 12:45 and that's what I did.

0 comments: