Day 56 | skools

I was asked to switch days off and work schools today since they were 600+ kids busy.  I didn't have a problem with that, hoping for the old -->  "you scratch my back, I'll scratch your back when I need time off" reciprocal.  Working schools practically guarantees you about 8 to 11 kids in your class.  I got lucky as I only had eight!  And they were really nice kids, all friends from the UBC area, and most importantly, they all spoke English.  Unless you've visited Vancouver, you cannot comprehend the size of the Asian population here.

They were novice but could all turn, well most of them could turn and those who couldn't were strong zig-zaggers.  I headed up the Wizard Chair immediately.  We did about two or three runs from the Wizard Chair/Excalibur height on Blackcomb then headed to the Wizard Grill for lunch.  YUM!  I stuck to my healthy diet ordering brown rice with vegetables and chicken opting to forego the fattening sauce.

After lunch we went to the top of Solar Coaster.  I don't work Blackcomb much so I never noticed the lack of green runs over there.  That's good when you have an intermediate class, but when your class should really be on green runs, it's kind of a pain.  It wasn't too bad and none of the kids complained.

 

0 comments: