Day 36 | almost way cool


It was an all female ensemble today at work in Snowboard School.  Five of us were scheduled and all five got a class.  Aimee is a first year Instructor at Whistler Blackcomb but has worked in the States for the last six seasons.  She has her level three certification, which means she is a really good snowboarder.  She also seems to be quite a bit of a park rat as she says she can 360 off medium sized features and maybe even more.  I have yet to see her ride but I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do ... especially in the park.

We had a small level three class, one level four rider, two level five riders, and three level six (Freeride) riders.  Ideally, a wicked cool perfect day would mean that the level four girl would go with the level threes...  leaving me to teach the level fives and following Aimee around all day with the level six kids.  I had my video camera cocked and ready to record a fun day in the park with high level riders.  So three of us instructors took four classes down to the valley to figure out exactly how the classes were going to work out.  Unfortunately, the level four girl was way too fast to go with the super slow level threes so that meant my way cool day video'ing Aimee and her crew wasn't going to happen.  : (

So I took one girl and we rode around the Alpine for the morning.  The snow up top was awesome!  Soft packed powder, tree runs were great and many were still untouched.  During lunch, my girl said she wanted to ride with the level three kids since her friend was in that class so I team-taught with Fiona.  It's also her first season and she had never been through Marmot Trees so we took the kids through there.  They all loved it and wanted to it again.  The afternoon went by fairly fast and even though I didn't get to hang out with the park riders, I ended up having a good day after all.  

0 comments: