Day 57 | the Big Dig

I borrowed an avalanche shovel from a co-worker and decided to go in search of my dropped camera.  My friend Dan offered to tag along and helped with the digging.  It was raining in the village and the rain continued almost to the top of Garbanzo Chair.  It was quiet for a Saturday.

We made our way to the area I thought the camera was located.  We took off our boards and we started digging.  I was optimistic we were going to find it.  The spectators on the chairlift were all wondering what the hell we were doing.  Most wondered what we were looking for.  We dug quite a large hole going down about a meter and out about two meters in both directions.  I wonder what the hole looks like from the chairlift.   After an hour of digging - no luck!  No camera.  We gave up.  I guess I'll have to wait for the snow to melt and maybe I'll find it in the spring.

After the big dig, we made our way down the lift line, which is my new favorite run.  It was so warm that the snow was very wet and choppy.  Better than being icy but not the best conditions.  I ran into the CLC to return the shovel and headed down to the village to end my day.  Since he was already wet, Dan decided to head up the gondola and check out the conditions up top.  It wouldn't surprise me if the snow was good, at least down to Emerald Chair.

Here's Dan posing with the shovel!


Chairlift spectators.


That's a pretty big hole!



3 comments:

Linda said...

Even if you do find it, don't you think it will be just a little water logged?

Martini Cartwheels said...

I like the red shovel. How the heck deep was that hole?

I'm curious to see if you do find the camera by spring and what condition it will be in. Could make for a good commercial if it still works.

Ronia Nash said...

Maybe about three feet down, maybe two feet. It was pretty big.
If I do find the camera and it works, I will send Canon an email...... great idea!