Day 55 | sheep tails


Another perfect day in Whistler with a few more snowboarders to teach.....  instead of two, we had 14!  I pulled the level three/four class consisting of three boys:  one from Australia, one from New Zealand, and one from Orlando, Florida.  Once we got ourselves settled into our respective classes, we headed to the Roundhouse.

Conditions were soft packed powder with sunny and partly cloudy skies.  The temps were a bit colder than yesterday but nothing unbearable.  We did a few green runs before lunch and then headed in to eat.  After lunch I thought I'd mix it up a bit by taking the Peak 2 Peak Gondola over to Blackcomb.  We went through the Terrain Garden twice then back over to Whistler for our last run down to the valley.

I learned today that some sheep get their tails docked.  My kid from New Zealand has a farm and they dock the tails with a heat iron.  It sounds so painful for the poor sheep.  Apparently it's done to keep the sheep clean of fecal matter and to help prevent fly strike.   I found this information fascinating as I never knew some sheep didn't need a tail.  Not only do they dock the tails, but apparently the tails can be eaten!!  I tried to google the eating information but I found nothing so I think that kid was telling me a tall sheep tale!  








 

0 comments: