Day 108 | I spell Lucas with a "L"



The sun came out full force today and so did the Springlike temperatures.  The morning started out pretty chilly with a temperature of only 26°F (below freezing) in the village.  I volunteered once again to take a Lil Rippers class.

The Magic Carpet was quite hard and icy first thing in the AM but it didn't take too long for the sun to warm up the corduroy giving way to perfect lower level conditions.  My guy was six years old and was able to zig zag down blue runs.  Dad wanted him to learn his toe edge and practice his turns.  We spent the morning on the Carpet doing just that.  There was another Lil Ripper hanging with Ellen.  He was only four years old and never snowboarded before.  Both of the guys were pretty cool and fun to hang out with.

After lunch we went to the Super Carpet to practice S-turns.  My guy was easy to teach and wasn't a complainer.  I would explain what I wanted him to do and he would do it.  He did a great job practicing for most of the day.  As a reward, he was able to spend the last hour and a half going over Morgan's awesome jump!  He's coming back tomorrow and I've already volunteered to take him again.  I'm thinking about taking him to the Alpine.

me - "Hi Lucas.  Do you spell that with a K or a C?"
4 year old Lucas - "I spell it with a L."

0 comments: