Day 123 | the final curtain

I ended my season at work the same way I started my season:  with a Lil Ripper class.  We had six kids pre-booked into lessons but ended up with a total of nine kids in four different classes.  We squeaked through with just enough Instructors scheduled.

I contemplated taking the one level five kid even though he is the most annoying kid on the planet.  I hate to sound so negative but the kid really is odd and it's very very annoying.  Zac asked if he could take him so I opted for the five year old Ripper instead.

It wasn't the perfect sunny Spring day you picture for your last day of work at the end of April.  It was cloudy and pretty chilly.  Betty, James, and I spent the morning on the Magic Carpet with the lower levels wasting as much time as we could eating cheese & crackers and coloring.  My kid wasn't too thrilled with the idea of snowboarding so we spent a lot of time in the CLC.  He was kind of a muppet as well.  He couldn't get off the Magic Carpet without falling even by the end of the day.

James built us a huge jump to kill time in the afternoon.  It was kind of sad as it was the last jump of the season.  My kid's Dad watched him hit the jump one time before downloading in the gondola with us.  The day went by pretty fast for the last day.  The CLC staff spent the day packing up the kitchen, washing the bibs, and putting everything in the Mini's room away.  Another Whistler Kids season is in the books.  I feel happy and sad at the same time.  I'm ready for summer for sure.

 

0 comments: