Day 124 | That's It, That's All

If it wasn't for Aimee and the $15 food voucher that expires May 30th,  I think my last day of work would have been my final day on the hill.  My brain is in summer mode even though Whistler's weather has been in winter mode for most of the month of April.

Aimee and I planned on going up for a couple runs since the sun was forecasted to shine and we hadn't done any Spring skiing yet.  We hopped on the Blackcomb gondola from Base II around 11:30am and headed straight to Glacier Chair.  The snow up there was still dry and soft packed.  It was really nice.  On our second lap up, Aimee decided she wanted to explore Cougar Chutes, a double black diamond that drops toward Jersey Chair, so we headed for the handle tow and up to 7th Heaven.

The warning signs on the entry to Cougar Chutes read:  STEEP TERRAIN!  NO WAY OUT!  There was plenty of soft pow to be found down the vertical run and we even got a couple of fresh turns.  We made our way through some awesome trees as well.

We took a lunch break around 1pm at Glacier Creek.  Luckily my staff discount was still in full swing so we were both able to eat a sandwich and a cookie for under the $15 allotted on the Ride Tribe voucher I grabbed off a kid earlier in the season.  Sunshine and free lunch.  Can't beat that!

It was a typical fun day with Aimee exploring.  I missed her dearly this season and I'm grateful I was able to get in a couple of days of riding with her this year.  In the two days we rode together, I checked off two double black diamond runs that I had never ridden before.  Not only that, but I now have the confidence to ride them again next season (even if she's not around).

We called it a day after lunch, heading up Jersey to make one last run back to Base II.

This season I rode one hundred and twenty four days.  Yet, this time of year, I always feel like I didn't ride enough (at least not in my free time).  It was the second snowiest season on record for Whistler Blackcomb.  I had good friends come out to ride and finally made it to Mt. Baker.  I went out of bounds down McConkey's Trees,  Khyber and Singing Pass.  I'm sure the off season will go by just as fast as the snow season did.  I'll be back blogging my days in six months!  Thanks for reading.  


1 comments:

John said...

Nice read this season... Khyber, McConkeys & Singing pass, had the pleasure with my old frieng Greg Stump & Ace my first trip to Whistler back in 1995.