Day 117 | Wallace Churchill the fourth

I am happy to report I found the joy in snowboarding once again today!  It's Easter Week and the last Adventure Camp for the year.  I was given level fours and the kids in my class are really cool and fun to snowboard with.  It probably didn't hurt that the sun was shining all day and the snow was soft packed.

Once everyone was up at the CLC and accounted for, I believe we had about 30 kids in lessons.  I had three ACers and one destination.  Lunch was early so we only had time for two runs in the AM, one down a green and one down a blue.  That was just enough time to realize I had quite a split on my hands.  Three of the kids were level four/five and one kid was a level three.  After speaking with the level three Instructor during lunch, I decided to keep the split.

After lunch the kids told me where they wanted to ride. One wanted to ride Harmony Ridge and one wanted to ride The Saddle.  So we made the plan to head up to Harmony, then up Peak Chair, and finally down to Highway 86.  By the time we went from one end of Whistler to the other, the level three kid was exhausted.  I decided to head to the CLC to give everyone a much needed rest.  I informed my Supervisor that Alejandro would be joining James in level three AC tomorrow.  Instead of spending an hour on a jump at the CLC, the kids decided to take one more run from the Roundhouse to end their day.

We had such a great time that the Destination kid is going to return tomorrow.  I promised the kids we would run Peak to Creek.  If we get lucky and don't have a split, I think we can snowboard about 20 miles.  Today our flaiks reported we ran 16.5miles.

0 comments: